Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jogging at night

Feeling lethargic after not running for a week, i embark on my "religious" routine of donning my saucony "fbt-like" shorts and singlet, tying my shoe laces and jog out into the night.

I started at 7 02. And reminded myself to not succumb to the temptation of breaking out into a high-tempo run. Jog, jog jog was my motive today. Nothing but a slow relaxing constant pacing jog today.

More importantly, i tried to put a new learning into action today. At the library earlier, i had chanced upon a quote.
"Don't pack a lot. You never need as much as you bring. Live life simply so you can pick up and move onto your next adventure."
All my life, i realized i have been packing way too much. Whether it be literally, into my bags. Be it school bags, outing, field pack, i have been packing way too much. Mentally, i have been packing too much too. Worrying about things that are unnecessary. That has caused me to develop an anxiety problem. A result of packing way too much mentally unnecessarily. My focus has been wrong all along.Worrying about the wrong things. Pre-occupying myself with irrelevant retarded thoughts. Crushes. Ha, a joke.
Packing too much unnecessarily.
These are all baggage. And i need to throw them away and focus on simply the thing at hand. This time round, the jog. So that, i can move uninhibited into the next phase. A sort of ruthless efficiency and being uninhibited.
Uninhibited way of living.
So i jog. And jog. And jog. Many times i caught the urge to up my tempo and break out into an accelerated jog to match these people sprinting past me. But for what use.
I run my own run. Life is again about running your own run.
So i jog. And jog. Till 1 hr 59 min later. In between, using 64 minutes to clock 8.8 km. Total distance averages around > 12 km. End of run 9 pm. Sky's dark. Stomach's growling. Legs are numb.

The feeling's great. Running uninhibitedly. Running without a sense of time. Running without holding back.

Of course, the sore legs and the dread of waking up tomorrow with numbness and pai-ka-ness. Walking with a little limb. Pai-ka-chu.

But i'll jog more. Increasing the mileage. Increasing the joy. Running my own run. Leaving all baggage. Running Yi Feng's run!




No comments:

Post a Comment