Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas dayyy

Its CHRISTMAS BASKETBALL DAY today!
haha i woke up and played some ball.
practiced my shots rebounding pivots and basically have fun.

but what mostly turn ME OFF is this bugger.
he's a kid for the most record. just 12 years old. ask me for a match.
and i'm like coolll.. i'm not going to lose another 1 on 1. after losses to Shu Li and Kayan.
i'll begin my record with you..

turns out i have to ask him to DEFEND ME?! WTH.. hello you are leaving me open all the way to take shots? not that i am going to mind, then pls don't complain that i blow past you, not giving you a chance. that's just spoilt pls!! so i did, scoring layups and post hooks easily. the score is 5 -0 easily, when
BOY: nooo noo no what are we doing?
ME: we're having a match.
BOY: anddddd..?
ME: 5 - 0
BOY: you zero? HAAHAHAHAHAHAA you zero and he broke down onto the floor laughing..
ME: WT.. no. i 5 you zero.
BOY: nooooo i zero i'm going to lose.. nooo.. i didn't know we are having a match
ME: (EXASPERATED) OKAY, let's start from 0 -0 again. your ball first.

and naturally he fired all air balls and my ball is really light. haizz..
okay so i said check.. (turns out he didn't know what a match means what he challenge me in the first place..) and he threw the ball away from me with all his might. WTH?!
okay patience. tolerance. patience. and since it was my turn to attack.. i didn't even run..
and he's like wait wait wait when i fired and got the bucket.
ME: WHAT?!
BOY: wwhy you keep getting the ball in..
ME: isn't this a match?
BOY: butttt..
ME: you got to defend me. give me pressure. lock me in. reduce my angles.
BOY: ? (seriously i see a ? on his face)
ME: okay let me show you (and so i basically explained to him the basics of defence. get between your man and the basket. always stationed yourself there ...)
ME: you get it..?
BOY: okay!!
ME: my turn to attack now. ( by now its 4 -0)

he left me open nonetheless. think my words fell on deaf ears. and he doesn't defend. dosen't challenge me for rebounds. i consecutively caught 5 rebounds just to provoke him into coming in and challenge for the ball. but.. naturally he doesn't.
By now, i'm exasperated. i'll go for the kill.
and i did. shot straight to 9-0.
he wanted to play first to 20. but i managed to cut to first to 11. heng ah.. otherwise i think i would really have lost. get killed by his antics and disrespect. (e.g. after shooting a ball, he did a split. the ball didn't went in of course.)
ME: 2 more balls to my win.
ME: you gonna come up and defend me?
BOY: noo.. i'm going to stand here. (under the post)
ME: okay.. you know i'm going to win right?
BOY: what?? i thought i was?
ME: no. 2 more balls. that's it.. okay i'm coming..
swishh---

ME: 10 -0 check. (bounce the ball to him)
BOY: (he got the ball..) okay i surrender. i'll sstand here. CHECK BACK.
and he hurled the ball away from my direction with all his strength such that it bounced past the other half of the court into the woods..
ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
and he just broke down on the ground laughing all the way. haha screaming "you're so lousy"
with that, i walked to pick up my ball. its a wonder i'm still keep my outburst under check.
and he laughs. and laughs. and laughs even louder.
until i raised my middle finger with my back towards him.

I came back. and without even checking just shot a jumper. and i said, got to go.
11-0 end game.

MAN, this kid really got to grow up..
I believe he still has a lot of room to grow. but that attitude? i just don't dig it.
is he a lunatic or eccentric fool? check by throwing MY BALL to the woods?! and laugh and say i am lousy.
but seriously this is a crazy world we live in.

well.. all the pent up frustration is let out.. haaaa.. =))
MERRY CHRISTMAS. and i am looking forward to CHRISTMAS BALLin with my brothers at gang cot at 3.
so till then =))

No comments:

Post a Comment